As a reminder, the Maine Department of Education (DOE) has announced a partnership with TransACT Communications to support compliance with the new Parent and Family Engagement requirements under the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and to help schools meet the civil rights obligations of schools in working with English Learners (EL) and their families. TransACT Parent Notices gives you unlimited access to an online library of ESSA compliance resources. Your subscription, funded by the Maine DOE, includes access to guidance on required notifications, recommended timelines for distribution, and more than 100 legally reviewed parent notifications across 21 categories, including:
- Parent and Family Engagement
- Teacher and Paraprofessional Qualifications
- English Learners
- Title I and Title III Programs
- Migrant Education
- Homeless Education
- Foster Care
TransACT will be providing schools with professional development and training including online live help, phone and email support, webinar trainings, and two (2) in-person trainings. These trainings will be held on November 2nd in Lewiston at Green Ladle and on November 3rd in Brewer at Jeff’s Catering. Please visit the following URL to register for one of these in-person trainings: https://goo.gl/forms/3AxrjYdOmU2rkTb62
At the time of this notice, your district subscription to TransACT is live. If you need to distribute required parent notifications prior to next month’s training or simply wish to explore this new resource, please follow the instructions below to activate your district subscription:
- Visit http://www.transact.com/;
- Click on “LOGIN/REGISTER” at the top of the screen; 3. Find the TransACT ParentNotices logo and click the “Login” link below it;
- Click “New User? Register for Access!” and continue with the required information prompts; 5. Discover what new resources are available to you! You will receive a registration confirmation email which includes the login link, your username, and password. If you have any questions or run into any trouble, please be sure to contact TransACT Customer Support at (425) 977-2100, option 3, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have additional questions, please contact Janette Kirk at Janette.email@example.com or (207) 624-6707.