Please be aware of the following important dates regarding student enrollment when preparing for the 2018 spring Maine Educational Assessments (MEA). The Maine Department of Education (DOE) is continuing the transition from the data management software platform Infinite Campus to Synergy State Edition. The following table outlines the dates in which student enrollment files are captured in Synergy State Edition by the DOE, and sent to Measured Progress, the contractor for state required assessments:
- MEA General (Grades 5, 8, 3rd year high school)
- Alternate/PAAP (Grades 5, 8, 3rd year high school)
- Mathematics and English Language Arts/Literacy
- General Grades 3-8 & – eMPowerME
- General 3rd year high school – SAT
- Alternate/MSAA (Grades 3-8, 3rd year high school)
|Data File||Completion Date|
|PAAP Science Enrollment Data File||completed|
|MSAA Enrollment Data File||1/8/18|
|eMPowerME Enrollment Data File||1/19/18|
|SAT Enrollment Data File||2/2/18|
|MEA Science Enrollment Data File||2/26/18|
|NEW: Date enrollment is captured for assessment reporting||5/4/18|
Enrollment in Synergy includes:
- Identification of student participating in alternate assessments, which cannot be changed after March 1, 2018.
- Attending district/school
The following bullets explain the process for updating changes to student enrollment from the data file upload date to the testing window for each assessment in chronological order:
- PAAP Alternate Science
- This data file was sent to Measured Progress in November 2017, as the PAAP Task Bank opened 12/1/17. The testing window is 3/1/18-4/30/18. If student enrollment changes between 12/1/17 and 4/30/18, please contact Sue Nay at 624-6774 or email@example.com.
- MSAA Alternate Math & ELA/Literacy
- The enrollment data file will be sent to Measured Progress on 1/8/18. If student enrollment at your school changes between 1/9/18 and 5/4/18, please contact Sue Nay at 624-6774 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- eMPowerME General Math & ELA/Literacy
- The enrollment data file will be sent on 1/19/18. Beginning on 2/19/18, nightly enrollment changes will be captured in Synergy and sent to Measured Progress/eMetric to facilitate the changes between 1/20/18 and 4/13/18 in the eMPowerME Portal.
- If nightly enrollment uploads from the DOE to Measured Progress/eMetric are not immediately captured in the eMPowerME Portal, please call the DOE Data Help Desk at 624-6896 or MEDMS.email@example.com.
- SAT General Math & ELA/Literacy
- The enrollment (bulk registration) data file will be sent on 2/2/18. If student enrollment changes between 2/3/18 and 4/10/18, students will not have a Pre-ID label for their test booklet and must paper-register on the SAT school day or make-up day.
- SAT General Science
- The enrollment data file will be sent on 2/26/18. If student enrollment changes between 2/27/18 and 4/13/18 for high school students, or between 2/27/18 and 5/4/18 for grades 5 & 8), students will not have a Pre-ID label for their test booklet. Student will continue to test as scheduled but will enter demographic information through paper-register/bubble-in fields on extra/blank Science test booklet(s) the day(s) of testing.
Questions can be addressed to: Varun Motay 624-6657 or firstname.lastname@example.org