Reach Higher Maine has developed a series of free webinars designed to provide school counselors & those working with student’s tools to use in their college and career readiness programs.
Live Webinar Date: January 31st 2018, 1:30 PM
The webinar will be recorded and available on the Reach Higher Maine Google Classroom
Description: Presenters will dispel the myths surrounding the CTE Pathway by showcasing the talent, ambition and resilience of CTE students. Through video, we will share the stories of students who have walked the CTE pathway and turned struggle and uncertainty in to self-confidence and future promise. We will take the time to clarify the new CTE diploma pathway and discuss how CTE schools statewide can act as a resource and academic partner for students working toward achieving proficiency in an evidence based system
The webinar is free and will provide a certificate of completion upon request as well as access to the Discussion Board where you can ask questions of the presenters or the rest of the attendees. We are hoping this will encourage attendees to share best practices.
- Danielle Despins, MOA/CSR Coordinator – Special Populations and Gender Equity Coordinator from the Maine Department of Education’s Career and Technical Education team
- Dave Boardman, Ed.D. Mass Media Communications instructor at the Mid-Maine Technical Center
- Maine Proficiency Diploma Pathway Requirements
- Maine Proficiency Diploma Requirements
- Reach Higher Maine Google Classroom A Google email (@Gmail.com) account is needed to access to the Google Classroom
- To access this webinar after January 31st or to access past webinars, log into the Reach Higher Maine Google Classroom. Once you are logged into your email, click the + in the upper right hand corner to “Create or join your first class!,” then select “Join class.” The class code is 1bs991n.
- Welcome and Orientation to Education Series – Short video to help you access and navigate the Google Classroom so that you can get the most out of this experience
For more information please contact Reach Higher Maine at ReachHigherMaine@gmail.com
Reach Higher Maine is a coalition of Maine education & workforce professionals with the goal of helping to expose Maine students to education and career opportunities by helping to support school counselors in their work.