The EF-S-214 will be open to Maine public schools on March 1 for data entry. School administrative unit staff responsible for completion of this report should complete the report in NEO as early as possible to allow time for certification by the special service director and the business manager. The Department’s School Finance Team must approve the report by April 15 in order to apply eligible adjustments to the current year subsidy calculation before the end of the fiscal year.
The EF-S-214 report is required to be submitted by all publicly funded school administrative units. Only costs for tuition and board should be included in the report, and only students that have a total cost above $36,229 should be included on the report. School administrative units should project the costs for the remainder of the fiscal year. For those school administrative units with no students that will meet that threshold, a “zero” report should be submitted.
Reminder of changes made to the report since the last reporting cycle:
- The form is to be certified and submitted by the business manger
- The ability to import out of district placements is now available
- Students can have multiple lines if they have had more than one placement during the year
- There is now the option to view a summary sheet which provides a total adjustment amount, if all costs are approved
- An internal messaging system has been added to communicate questions
- The form will auto-populate the school administrative unit contact information based on data on file in the Department’s NEO staff module
The EF-S-214 report may be found by logging into NEO at: https://neo.maine.gov/DOE/NEO/Accounts/Account/Login
Please contact Stephanie Clark, Fiscal Review and Compliance Consultant at email@example.com