As a reminder, registration for the 2018 Commissioner’s Conference is now open. The conference features an array of sessions catered toward superintendents. This year’s sessions include opportunities to:
- Get a sneak peak at the new ESEA Report Card dashboard
- Ask questions and talk about ESSA, and School Improvement
- Learn more about the budgeting process for Title I/ESEA funds
- Learn more about supports and resources available on topics like Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports (PBIS), trauma, attendance, concussion management, and substance abuse
- Learn more about Certification, including updates about the new online system
- Learn more about Department initiatives and goals including: pilot programs for early math and literacy, CTE programing and funding, and regionalization opportunities
- Participate in open forums on the teacher shortage, and on educator effectiveness
- Listen to panels about workforce development, and about workforce needs and CTE
- Get hands on experience with current STEM technology at a showcase brought to you by the Maine State Library
In addition to this year’s breakout sessions, Commissioner’s Conference participants also have the opportunity to enjoy the following celebrations:
- The Annual Reception Hosted by Apple, Inc
- An Evening Banquet Dinner
- Maine School Management Association’s Annual Awards Ceremony
The conference takes place at the Augusta Civic Center on June 27th and 28th.
Find additional resources and information including pricing, the draft agenda, lodging options, further details about registration including guest registration, and more on the Maine DOE Commissioner’s Conference webpage.