Registration is now open for the 50th Custodial and Maintenance Conference for Maine school custodians and facilities directors.
Location: Waterville Senior High School, Waterville, Maine
Dates: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 – Thursday June 28, 2017
- The Wednesday keynote and motivational speaker will be Lori Lachance, a frequent author and speaker on leadership, education, and the economy of Maine. Laurie is Thomas College’s 5th President and the first female and alumna to lead the College in its 124-year history. Laurie previously served as President and CEO of the Maine Development Foundation and served in state government as the Maine State Economist.
- Thursday’s motivational speaker will be Travis Mills, retired U.S. Army Staff Sergeant of the 82nd Airborne is a recalibrated warrior, motivational speaker, actor, author and advocate for veterans and amputees. Travis is founder of the Travis Mills Foundation, a nonprofit organization, formed to benefit and assist combat-injured veterans. Travis lives by his motto: “Never give up. Never quit.”
- Discussions and meeting topics include: All-Hazards Emergency Preparedness, Hazardous Chemical Management, Controlling Infections, Viruses and Diseases, School Security, Leadership and How It Impacts Our Schools, Working Safely, Playground Safety and Maintenance, Hazardous Chemical Management Plans, Certification Roundtable, and much more.
- This year’s conference will include Maine School Integrated Pest Management certification sessions where conference attendees can complete required IPM training delivered by Dr. Kathy Murray from Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry
- The Annual A. Burliegh Oxton Award for Excellence
To register and find additional resources including pricing, lodging options, further details about registration, including guest registration by contacting Jim Reny of Educational Plant Maintenance Association (EPMA) by phone 861-2351 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .