The Maine Department of Education is completing final testing on the educator portal of the new online certification system and will release the portal as soon as testing is completed. The educator portal will be utilized for processing only renewal applications for the first few weeks. The certification department is still accepting paper applications for initial credentials and fingerprints, but all renewal applications MUST be processed through the new online system.
Key Items to Know
- If your certificate/authorization expires on 7/1/2018, please know that just your application through the online system must be received by that date. Your effective date for your new certificate/authorization will be the date your completed application was received.
- If you are employed in a school district in Maine, please contact your certification chairperson to ensure you have been recommended for renewal.
- No additional documentation will be needed if you are renewing a provisional or professional certificate and have been recommended by your district chairperson. However, if you are renewing any other certificate or do not work in a Maine school district please ensure you have your documents ready to upload in PDF format.
- Give yourself enough time to complete the process in one sitting. The application process will not save and you will need to start over if you exit the application.
- Instructions on how to create your account as well as other support documents will be posted on all channels listed below so please keep lookout for these communications.
Further communications and updates will be available on the Maine Department of Education Certification Webpage, Maine DOE’s official Facebook and Twitter pages, and the DOE newsroom.