The following checklist is designed to assist districts with publicly funded students in completing required end of year reports. The dates listed after each report are when the report is open for entry and due for certification, if required.
The following items are available in the Synergy Student Information System. Please visit http://www.maine.gov/doe/data/helpdesk.html#resources for Synergy codes to be used for the items below.
☐ Update Attendance
- All students with an enrollment must have attendance entered
- Please register for the Chronic Absenteeism Webinar on June 12, 2018 at 1:00 for discussions on the data where districts can ask questions and discuss resources available to ensure accurate data. https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4892409320166524419☐ Update Truancy
☐ Special Education – exit any students who have left special education:
☐ Update Behavior – Note: all enrollments exited with an expulsion must have an expulsion incident in the behavior module
- Special Education will not need to be ended unless the student is exiting the special education program. Special Education services will need to be uploaded each year.
☐ Update/End ALL Enrollments:
- DOE will NOT be automatically ending enrollments
- Concurrent enrollment MUST be ended before the primary enrollment can be ended
- All students will need to be exited on their actual last day of school. This may be verified using “Attending Student Report”
- June 30 should not be automatically populated for the last day of school.
- Future exit dates are not permitted in the system.
- Ending a student’s enrollment will end Economic Status and Truancy – to avoid this, update Truancy records prior to ending enrollments
- New enrollments will need to be uploaded/entered as well as special education information each school year.
Annual End of Year Reports and Certifications:
The following items can be accessed from DC&R. Guidance is available at http://www.maine.gov/doe/data/helpdesk.html#resources.
- April 4 YR Graduation Report April 25 – June 8
- Accountability (coming soon) – certified by Superintendent. June 8 – June 29
- April 1 Counts – certified by Superintendent. May 2 – June 29
- Attendance – certified by Superintendent. June 4 – June 29
- Behavior – certified by Superintendent. June 4 – June 29
- Special Education Exit Report – certified by Special Ed Director or Superintendent. June 1 – June 29.
- Truancy – certified by Superintendent. June 4 – June 29
- Bullying reporting – certified by Superintendent. June 15 -June 29.
- Report of Adult Education for Subsidy Purposes for Calendar Year 2017 – June 1-July 15 .
- School Nurse Annual Report. May 25 – July 31.
- Restraint and Seclusion Report – certified by Superintendent. June 15 – August 1.
- Q4 Actual Balance Sheet July 1 – August 25
- Q4 Actual Expenditure July 1 – August 25
- Q4 Actual Revenue July 1 – August 25
- Q1 Budget Expenditure – Due by 8/25/2018 or 30 days after the budget passes, whichever is later
- Q1 Budget Revenue (coming soon) – Due by 8/25/2018 or 30 days after the budget passes, whichever is later.
- Maine Schools and School Approval (coming soon) – Certified by Superintendent (more information to follow soon)
- Special Education Teachers, Paraprofessionals, and Related Services Personnel – Due to technical issues in NEO, data collection for the EF-S-05 Part 2; Special Education Teachers, Paraprofessionals, and Related Services Personnel, will be delayed. It is anticipated that the report will open in NEO during the summer and will be due in September, 2018. The open date and due date will be announced when the technical issues have been resolved. For questions regarding the EF-S-05 Part 2, contact Brandi Giguere at email@example.com or 624-6648.
- Public Preschool Annual Report – Due by July 31 Note: This report should be submitted directly through the survey link in the linked notice. Send questions to Nicole Madore at Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org or 624-6677.
Contacts and Questions
If you have questions about these reports, (i.e. what should be entered) please contact the specialist listed below:
- Attendance: Travis Wood 624-6742
- Maine Schools: Shannon Bartash 624-6799
- Special Education: Brandi Giguere 624-6648
- Financial Reports (actual expenditure and actual revenue): Tyler Backus 624-6635
- Truancy: Gayle Erdheim 624-6637
- School Approvals: Pam Ford-Taylor 624-6617
- Behavior/Bullying/Restraint and Seclusion: Sarah Ricker 624-6685 or Meredith Backus 624-6865
- Accountability: Penny Henry 624-6855
- School Nurse Report: Meredith Backus 624-6865
If you have questions about accessing the reports, please call or email the helpdesk. 624-6896 or email@example.com
If you do not have credentials for Synergy or NEO – Access forms for Synergy and NEO if needed are located at: http://www.maine.gov/doe/data/helpdesk.html#resources These forms must be signed by Superintendent and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maine DOE Data Coordinator, Charlotte Ellis and Helpdesk Manager, Shannon Bartash will be available for questions at the Superintendent conference on June 28th.