Maine educators are invited to join online learning communities led by other Maine educators who will offer guidance and support for completing recognized online learning programs that are designed to develop various skills related to teaching and learning with technology. Educators can learn on their own time and at their own pace while still being a part of community of educators that are all working toward a common goal.
All of the online learning communities are free to join, though some have materials that need to be purchased in order to participate more fully.
- Apple Teacher – iPad Badges (free)
- Apple Teacher – Mac Badges (free)
- Code.org Express Course (free)
- Common Sense Educators (free)
- Google Level 1 Certification ($10 exam fee paid to Google directly)
- Wonder Workshop ($125 for robot and course bundle purchased with ACTEM discount)
Note: Most offerings start on or around Oct. 1st and have a limit on the number of participants.
All educators who earn their badge or certificate by midnight on December 2nd will be invited to join a daylong celebration and professional learning opportunity. The celebration will likely be held on Thursday, December 13th or Friday, December 14th in the central Maine area. More details will be sent directly to participants later in the fall
For more information contact, Maine DOE Digital Learning Specialist, Amanda Nguyen at Amanda.Nguyen@maine.gov