Registration: 8:00 am, Session 8:30 am – 3:15 pm
Who is invited?
This professional learning opportunity is specifically designed for Pre-K-5 mathematics educators, including classroom teachers, special education teachers, Title 1 teachers, math or instructional coaches, and math support staff.
- Learn about and practice using a diagnostic interview tool for mathematics and how to plan for instruction based on results
- Recognize the developmental progression of and misconceptions in mathematics learning
- Strengthen your own pedagogical and content knowledge in mathematics
- Compare assessment practices and ways to use assessment to improve student learning
- Take away the EMDI tool, ideas, resources, and materials to use in your school and classrooms
What are our key goals?
The key goals are to provide you with experiences, information, and resources to guide you in the areas of diagnostic assessment, identifying students’ mathematical needs, and developing knowledge of instructional strategies that have an impact on students’ mathematical learning.
What is our approach to professional development?
- Do the math: Using video and hands-on explorations, delve into key elementary mathematics concepts using multiple approaches, including identifying types of questions and responses and varying types of mathematical
- Connect to research: Discuss readings that connect each topic to research and take away powerful research-based approaches, tools, and resources to use in your school and
- Collaborate: Work together and share ideas with other Pre-K-5
- Leading change: Set goals and generate a plan for ongoing mathematics improvement for your school and
Cost: $90.00 per person for the 3-day series (includes continental breakfast, lunch, and materials)
Contact hours: 24 hours
|Locations:||Dates (Must attend all dates):||Registration Links:|
|Big Cat’s Events Center, Ellsworth||2/4/20; 2/5/20; 4/9/20
Storm Date: 2/25/20
|Register for Ellsworth Event|
|Northeastland Hotel, Presque Isle||2/6/20; 2/7/20; 4/10/20
Storm Date: 2/11/20
|Register for Presque Isle Event|
|The Green Ladle, Lewiston||3/10/20; 3/11/20; 4/29/20
Storm Date: 3/19/20
|Register for Lewiston Event|
|Hampton Inn, Saco||3/12/20; 3/13/20; 4/30/20
Storm Date: 3/25/20
|Register for Saco Event|
Space is Limited! Register by January 10, 2020
Questions? Please contact: Jen Robitaille, Elementary Mathematics Specialist: 624-6673, firstname.lastname@example.org