The EF-S-214, also known as the EPS High-Cost Out-of-District Report, will be open for reporting by Maine public schools on March 1 in the Department’s NEO Portal. This report is Due April 15, 2020.
We strongly encourage users to sign into the report as early as possible to allow time for data entry and completion of the two-step submission process. To provide state subsidy support in the current fiscal year using information provided on the report, Department staff needs time to review and approve the information by April 15.
Adjustments to the Special Education High-Cost Out-of-District allocation, which impacts state subsidy, will be based on costs which exceed the following:
- $18,076 for placements in Regional Special Education Programs,
- $27,114 for placements in other school administrative units, and
- $36,152 for placements in private schools.
Below are a few important things to note about the EF-S-214 report:
- School units will need to project the tuition cost for the full fiscal year.
- This report is required for all publicly funded school units, including units that do not meet the High-Cost Out-of-District (HCOOD) tuition threshold. If your SAU does meet the HCOOD threshold, please submit as “no students to report”
The report can be located by logging into NEO at: https://neo.maine.gov/DOE/NEO/Accounts/Account/Login
Navigate to→ Special Education → Forms → EFS-214
Questions about the report should be direct to Stephanie Clark, Fiscal Compliance Specialist for the Maine Department of Education, at 207-624-6807 or Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org.