The Maine Department of Education is excited to share that the registration for the much anticipated Maine Learning Technology Initiative (MLTI) student conference is open. The conference will be held on May 28th, in virtual format, and it is FREE to Maine students!
Registration for the 2020 MLTI Virtual Student Conference is open until 5/22/20. The Conference will take place online on Thursday, May 28th from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM.
The 2020 conference theme, “Looking Backward, Looking Forward,” draws inspiration from Maine’s bicentennial. The event will feature an “Innovation Challenge” that fosters research, design, and presentation skills for aspiring innovators and motivates them to solve important issues related to Maine’s—and their—future.
Conference sessions have been developed for students in grades 6-12, although students from non-MLTI grades can attend the conference and are welcome to register/attend. Teachers are encouraged to register to observe sessions and/or attend with their students.
Please complete your registration form here. Confirmation is returned when the registration form is successfully submitted. Conference log in and session information, along with preparation requirements, will be emailed directly to registrants no later than 5/27/20.
For more information and the registration link, please visit: https://www.maine.gov/doe/learning/ltt/conference or for questions don’t hesitate to reach out to the Conference planning team at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we look forward to seeing you.
Please be sure to register by Friday, May 22nd! Pass this exciting news along.
Virtual Student Conference Schedule
- May 25th – May 27th Pre-Conference Activities – Looking Backward
- May 28th – Conference Day Activities
- Live Presentations/Interactive Sessions via an online platform 9:00AM – 3:00PM
- Session categories include Animation, Augmented Reality, Design, Gaming, Music, Productivity, Robotics, Video
- Uber Session: Innovation Challenge “Pitch Competition”
- May 28th – June 1st – Post-Conference activities – Looking Forward
- Innovation Challenge “Prototype Competition”
Registration Form: https://mainedoe.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6L89v59Eijx8HpX