The following checklist is designed to assist school administrative units (SAUs) with publicly funded students in completing required end of year reports. The dates listed after each report are when the report is open for entry and due for certification, if required.
Synergy: The following items are available in the Synergy Student Information System. Please visit the Synergy Instructions Helpdesk Page for Synergy codes to be used for the items below.
Special Education – exit any students who have left special education: Special Education will not need to be ended unless the student is exiting the special education program. Special Education services will need to be uploaded each year. Special Education Exit Reporting Instructions
Update/End ALL Enrollments (done last):
- DOE will NOT be automatically ending enrollments
- Concurrent enrollment MUST be ended before the primary enrollment can be ended
- All students will need to be exited on their actual last day of school. This may be verified using “Attending Student Report”
- June 30 should not be automatically populated for the last day of school
- Future exit dates that are more than 7 days out are not permitted in the system
- Ending a student’s enrollment will end Economic Status and Truancy – to avoid this, update Truancy records prior to ending enrollments
- Ending enrollments will prevent you from manually updating Attendance Data. Once an enrollment has been ended, attendance data can only be modified by uploading the data.
- New enrollments will need to be uploaded/entered as well as special education information each school year.
Annual End of Year Reports and Certifications:
The following items are Annual Reports for the 2019/2020 school year. Instructions for these reports can be found here: Annual Report Instructions.
The report listed below is linked directly to its corresponding certification report in NEO
Report of Adult Education for Subsidy Purposes (EF-M-39A) – Submitted by the Special Education Director and certified by the Superintendent. June 1st – July 15th. Instructions can be found at: EF-M-39 Report of Adult Education Instructions
If you have questions about these reports, (i.e. what should be entered) please contact the specialist listed below:
Maine Schools: Katherine Warren 624-6716 Katherine.Warren@Maine.gov
Special Education: Brandi Giguere 624-6648 Brandi.A.Giguere@Maine.gov
Financial Reports: Tyler Backus 624-6635 Tyler.Backus@Maine.gov
School Approvals: Pam Ford-Taylor 624-6617 Pamela.Ford-Taylor@Maine.gov
Bullying: Kellie Bailey 441-5378 Kellie.Bailey@Maine.gov
Restraint and Seclusion: Bear Shea 441-7404 W.Bear.Shea@Maine.gov
School Health Report: Emily Poland 592-0387 Emily.Poland@Maine.gov
If you have questions about accessing the reports, please call or email the helpdesk, 624-6896 or MEDMS.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have credentials for Synergy or NEO, the district superintendent may grant access using the appropriate webform on the Helpdesk Page: