The Early Learning Team at the Maine Department of Education (DOE), in partnership with Governor Mills’ Children’s Cabinet, is pleased to announce a new technical assistance opportunity focused on building Public Pre-K and Community Partnerships. This 3-part series will focus on partnerships between public school administration units (SAUs) and community providers, such as private center and home-based childcares and Head Start programs. The series will:
- Explore the benefits of partnering,
- Examine common misconceptions about partnerships,
- Identify successful steps for navigating potential barriers of partnerships, and;
- Outline how to start the process of forming partnerships to establish high-quality Public Pre-K opportunities for children in Maine.
These sessions will be approximately 60 minutes each, with 45-minutes of content followed by time for questions from attendees. The sessions will be provided through Zoom and will be recorded and posted for future viewing.
Sessions are scheduled as follows:
- Session 1, Wednesday August 4th from 12-1pm: Overview of High-Quality Partnerships
- Session 2, Wednesday August 11th from 12-1pm: Panel Discussion with Experts in the Field Currently Engaged in Community Partnerships
- Session 3, Wednesday August 18th from 12-1pm: Building a Partnership: Where to Begin
For questions and clarifications, please contact: