WHAT IS SCHOOL-BASED BEHAVIORAL THREAT ASSESSMENT?
- Violence prevention strategy recommended by the U.S. Department of Education, U.S. Secret Service, and FBI.
- Multidisciplinary team approach to identify behaviors of concern, assess the level of risk, and provide appropriate interventions.
COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL THREAT ASSESSMENT GUIDELINES (CSTAG TRAINING)
- Consists of 2 levels of training.
- Level 1: 8 eLearning modules, taking approximately 6 hours, to be completed at your convenience asynchronously online. Training window opens on November 1st, 2021.
- Level 2: 4-hour Synchronous training to work through practice cases applying the methodology learned in the Level 1 training. November 17th via Zoom from 9:00-1:00.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- School Administrators
- School Safety Teams
- Law Enforcement Responding to Schools
- School Mental Health Providers/Social Workers/Psychologists/School Counselors
- School Resource Officers
- Juvenile Community Corrections Officers
HOW TO REGISTER?
- Contact Karen Barnes, Threat Assessment/Mental Health Officer at the Maine School Safety Center email@example.com for more information or to be added to the training roster.
- Additional training dates TBA.