The NASA Astromaterials Research and Exploration Science (ARES) team invites you to register for the upcoming webinar for educators, educator-led groups of students, or college level students. The targeted audience is students in grades 9 and above, but other grade levels are welcome to register.
Virtual Tour of NASA’s Antarctic Meteorite Lab + Astromaterials 3D
Join a FREE NASA Astromaterials Research and Exploration Science (ARES) webinar! During this webinar, they will give participants a tour of their Antarctic Meteorite Laboratory at the NASA Johnson Space Center, where they curate meteorites collected during ANtarctic Search for METeorites (ANSMET) Expeditions. They will also introduce participants to their Astromaterials 3D Project, a STEAM effort that encourages investigators of all ages to virtually explore meteorites like never before! The presentation will last approximately 45 minutes followed by an optional ~15-30 minutes of questions and answers.
Register for the live event or to receive an archived recording of the presentation (pending a successful recording). To participate in the live event you will need an internet connected computer with speakers (no microphones or cameras are needed).
- Tuesday, November 16, 2021 from 12:00 -1:00pm Eastern Time
- We plan to remain on the live event ~15–30 minutes past the top of the hour to answer additional questions participants may have.
- Registration here!
Other Webinar Details:
- After you register for the event, you will see a Webinar Registration Complete! Confirmation on your screen AND you will receive an email with a confirmation that your registration has been received.
- For those of you who register for the Live event, you will receive an email with the Webinar Testing (which will likely occur on 11/15) and Live Event Connection Information (11/16). We will facilitate this webinar using Zoom Webinar.
- This event will also be livestreamed on YouTube (details will be shared as we get closer to the event).
If you have questions, please feel free to email Paige V. Graff (firstname.lastname@example.org) or put your questions in your registration form so she can contact you directly.