The U.S. Department of Education, Office of Elementary and Secondary Education, Office of Safe and Supportive Schools and its Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) Technical Assistance (TA) Center will host a Webinar on Tuesday, August 16, 2022, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. ET. This Webinar will highlight the role of mental health professionals in supporting school safety efforts at the local level.
The objectives of this 60-minute Webinar are to
- Demonstrate the importance of developing a collaborative planning team to support emergency operations plan development, as outlined in Step 1 of the six-step planning process detailed in the Guide for Developing High-Quality School Emergency Operations Plans.
- Discuss the role that school mental health professionals — including mental health coordinators, counselors, and others — play in implementing the National Preparedness System mission areas before, during, and after a potential emergency.
- Share resources to strengthen mental health professionals’ efforts around climate assessment, behavioral threat assessment, continuity of teaching and learning, and overall plan development.
Mobile County Public Schools
- Denise Riemer, LCSW, Mental Health Services Coordinator
REMS TA Center
- Janelle Hughes, Project Director
Questions About the Event?
Contact the REMS TA Center Help Desk at 1-855-781-REMS  or firstname.lastname@example.org from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday.