The U.S. Department of Education, Office of Elementary and Secondary Education, Office of Safe and Supportive Schools and its Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) Technical Assistance (TA) Center will host a Webinar on Tuesday, September 13, 2022, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. ET. This Webinar will highlight the role of school nutrition directors in school safety, security, emergency management, and preparedness activities, including emergency operations plan (EOP) development.
The objectives of this 60-minute Webinar are to
- Demonstrate the importance of a collaborative planning team, as outlined in Step 1 of the six-step planning process detailed in the Guide for Developing High-Quality School Emergency Operations Plans.
- Discuss the role that school nutrition directors play in implementing the National Preparedness System mission areas before, during, and after an emergency.
- Reinforce how school nutrition directors can enhance EOP development and serve as key stewards in the efforts around food contamination outbreaks, continuity of operations, recovery, and more.
- Share relevant resources to be used by school nutrition directors and core planning teams.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service
- Charlsia Fortner, Chief, Food Safety Branch
- Brian McCall, Director, Office of Emergency Management
- REMS TA Center
- Alison Curtis, Director of Information and Product Management
Immediately following the Webinar, you are invited to participate in a Twitter Chat where presenters will continue to answer your questions. No Twitter account is necessary to view questions, only to pose questions and engage in tweets. Follow @remstacenter and tune in at 1:00 p.m. ET on September 13.
Contact the REMS TA Center Help Desk at 1-855-781-REMS  or firstname.lastname@example.org from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday. Can’t make the live event? This Webinar will be archived on the REMS TA Center’s Website within 7 business days.