The U.S. Department of Education, Office of Elementary and Secondary Education, Office of Safe and Supportive Schools and its Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) Technical Assistance (TA) Center will host a Webinar on Wednesday, November 16, 2022, from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. ET. This Webinar will highlight comprehensive approaches to school safety and emergency operations plan (EOP) development that include physical and psychological safety and well-being that are rooted in equitable approaches.
The objectives of this 60-minute Webinar are to
- Reinforce the significance of creating plans that consider the needs of the whole school community and that represent an equitable approach to emergency preparedness.
- Describe the concept of the Whole Child, Whole School, and Whole Community and the role that it can play in enhancing school safety, security, emergency management, and preparedness efforts.
- Share state-based approaches used by education agencies and their community partners to enhance emergency preparedness planning using the Whole Child, Whole School, and Whole Community model.
- Ohio Department of Education, Office of Whole Child Supports
- Jennifer Vargo, Director of the Office of Integrated Student Supports
- Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction
- Bobbie Boyer, Deputy Director for Prevention Services
- Ohio Department of Public Safety
- Emily Torok, Executive Director, Ohio School Safety Center
- Center to Improve Social and Emotional Learning and School Safety
- Shaun Ali, Senior Justice Technical Assistance Specialist
- REMS TA Center
- Janelle Hughes, Project Director
You are invited to participate in a Twitter Chat immediately following the Webinar, where presenters will continue to answer your questions. No Twitter account is necessary to view questions, but an account is needed to pose questions and engage in tweets. Follow @remstacenter and tune in at 1:30 p.m. ET on November 16.
Contact the REMS TA Center Help Desk at 1-855-781-REMS  or email@example.com from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday. Can’t make the live event? This Webinar will be archived on the REMS TA Center’s Website within 7 business days.