Three workshop sessions designed for middle- and high-school social studies teachers will help participants connect with other social studies teachers in their region and explore ways that the Common Core State Standards for Literacy in History/Social Studies can support thinking and learning in their content area.
The sessions, which take place in Knox, Aroostook and Franklin counties, will include an overview of the Common Core Standards as they relate to social studies, and updates on the current state of social studies education on the state and national levels. All workshops are free and sponsored by the Maine Department of Education.
- Tuesday, May 29, 3 – 5 p.m., Camden Hills Regional High School. Register at: http://tinyurl.com/midcoastss. Questions regarding this workshop can be directed to Christine Anderson-Morehouse at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kristie Littlefield at email@example.com.
- Wednesday, May 30, 12:30 – 3 p.m., University of Maine Presque Isle, Campus Center. Register at: http://bit.ly/IOjXm9. Questions regarding this workshop can be directed to David Ouellette at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kristie Littlefield at email@example.com.
- Thursday, May 31, 3:30 – 5:30 p.m., University of Maine Farmington, Olson Student Center, North Dining Hall. Register at: http://tinyurl.com/ca4o389. Questions regarding this workshop can be directed to Kristie Littlefield at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources and more information
- Kristie Littlefield, Social Studies Specialist
Maine Department of Education
- Social Studies at the Maine DOE