The 2013 Commissioner’s Recognition Awards will recognize five individuals and/or alternative programs that have made a significant contribution to meeting the needs of children and youth at risk in their schools or communities using evidence-based or promising practices.
- You may submit one nomination from the Dropout Prevention Committee of each school administrative unit under your supervision, or board of your non-profit institution.
- Your nomination must include a copy of the minutes of the Dropout Prevention Committee meeting or school board meeting, or non-profit board at which the local nominations for this award were endorsed.
- All nominations must be received by Ann Vashon (contact information below) on or before March 30, 2013.
- The Commissioner’s Advisory Committee will review all nominees and recommend finalists to the Commissioner.
- Awards will be presented at a ceremony to be held at the Blaine House June 4, 2013, at 10:30 a.m.
Please send your nominations to Ann Vashon, firstname.lastname@example.org, Maine Department of Education, 23 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333.