Maine, a member of the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium, is seeking educators who have significant experience in formative assessment and deep knowledge of the Common Core State Standards to join Maine’s State Network of Educators (SNE). The Maine DOE invites K-12 teachers and administrators and higher educational professionals to apply if they have experience working with the following student populations: general education, gifted and talented, English language learners and students with disabilities. Members of the SNE will contribute to the Smarter Balanced Digital Library, an online, interactive clearinghouse for educators, students and families. The Digital Library will provide educators with resources, tools and professional learning opportunities so that they can tailor instruction to student needs based on information from a coherent, balanced assessment system.
Selected educators will collaborate with our State Leadership Team to:
- Participate in five trainings between September 2013 and September 2014
- Submit and review resources for the Smarter Balanced Digital Library
- Provide valuable feedback on the usability of the Digital Library application
For their service, selected educators will get early access to the Digital Library resources and innovative collaboration tools and a stipend of up to $1,500. Minimum criteria for payment are as follows:
- Attend/complete each of the five trainings
- Submit resources into the Digital Library after each of the five trainings:
- Submit at least one resource that is approved for the Digital Library after each of Trainings 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Review at least three resources in the Digital Library after each of the five trainings.
- Submit at least one resource after Training 1.
All qualified educators are invited to apply. The open application period runs from Wednesday, May 1 through Monday, June 14. Please note, however, that we will evaluate applications on a rolling basis. Please visit Maine State Network of Educators to apply.
More detailed information is available at: www.maine.gov/doe/smarter/index.html#digital. If you have any questions or concerns, contact Susan Fossett, State Assessment coordinator, at 207-624-6775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.