School bus drivers throughout Maine will participate in regional road-e-o competitions starting this month.
The competitions encourage driving excellence and are designed to test and increase operational and safety skills for participants. Top drivers at each regional road-e-o move on to compete at the state-level competition.
The road-e-os are part of regional conferences sponsored by the Maine Association for Pupil Transportation that will include professional development workshops for drivers on topics like bus evacuations, positive communications, mandatory reporting and student management.
The date and location for the 2014 Regional Transportation Safety Conferences are:
• Southern Area (Zone 1) April 22 Noble High School, North Berwick
• Mid Coast Area (Zone 2) April 23 Medomak Middle School, Waldoboro
• Central Area (Zone 3) April 24 Hampden Academy, Hampden
• Western Area (Zone 4) April 25 Mt. Blue High School, Farmington
• Northern Area (Zone 5) June 27 Fort Kent Community School, Fort Kent
• Down East Area (Zone 6) June 25 Narraguagus High School, Harrington
A registration form can be found at this website: http://maptme.org/wp/?page_id=64.