Creating standards-based Individualized Education Programs (IEP) was the first step; implementing those plans is next.
As part of its commitment to supporting schools close achievement gaps, the Maine DOE is inviting teams of general and special educators to become a Supporting ALL Teachers for All Students Leader Team. Each leader team will attend a two-day training event on Oct. 15-16 in Brewer and will:
- receive ongoing coaching, consultation and technical assistance;
- take part in onsite and offsite training specific to bridging the achievement gap of student performance;
- learn about evidence-based practices;
- understand strategic interventions to promote school-wide improvement growth and individual student growth;
- and access national and State resources.
This evidence-based practice professional development opportunity is designed for district wide teams to promote collaboration between general and special educators implementing a proficiency-based educational system. The project is funded through the Maine DOE and the State Personnel Development Grant (SPDG). Schools who are struggling to maintain growth for all students are encouraged to apply by the Sept. 12 deadline.
For more information or an application, please contact Maine DOE’s Debbie Violette at firstname.lastname@example.org or 624-6652.