The Maine Department of Education is pleased to release the second collections of 2015-2016 articles in the “Content Corner.” These resources are designed to support teaching and learning in Maine classrooms and make connections to classroom applications and research.
The articles prepared for 2015-16 focus on instructional strategies to support educator understanding of effective practices in the content areas. The second collection includes:
- English Languages Arts/Literacy: Annotating a text: close reading with a pen
- Health Education and Physical Education: Feedback: A valuable teaching strategy for health education and physical education, Part 1
- Mathematics: Mathematically speaking, what is fluency?
- Science: Academically productive talk in science
- Social Studies: Social Studies: questions are as important as answers
- Visual and Performing Arts: Assessment strategies for the theatre classroom
- World Language: The why and how of thematic units in the world language classroom
- Early Childhood: Instruction in preschool programs
The first collection of articles was released in December 2015 and the third collection will be released in April.
For questions about the “Content Corner,” contact Director of Standards and Instructional Support Anita Bernhardt at email@example.com.