From the Maine Department of Education
2016 fall assessment workshops – MAARS & SAT reporting systems
Training for the Maine Assessment and Accountability Reporting System (MAARS – replacing iServices) and redesigned SAT are now scheduled and will be held in various locations (Portland, Waterville, Bangor, Lewiston, Presque Isle) during the week of October 31.
The morning sessions will be hosted by Maine DOE and FocalPointK12, and focus on all of Maine’s State assessments in the new reporting portal. The afternoon sessions will be hosted by the College Board and provide an overview of the SAT suite of assessments.
MAARS morning session – Who should register?
- District Assessment Coordinator (DAC)
- Data/IT personnel or other administrator who will be accessing assessment data
- **Restricted to two representatives per district
SAT afternoon session – Who should register?
- Curriculum Coordinators/Instructional Leaders, Directors of Guidance, and/or Data Professionals
- Recommended audience of two representatives per district
Please see attached flyer for registration information.
Notices and Reporting Items
- School Bus Purchase Report (EF-T-20: Quarter 1), due Sept. 30 (Reminder)
- School Revolving Renovation Fund Application, due Sept. 30 (Reminder)
- Gifted & Talented Annual Program Approval, due Sept. 30 (Reminder)
News & Views
School Administrative Units (SAUs) are required to report individual student information for the purpose of State funding. | More
The Maine DOE is announcing the official release of the newly revised teacher mentoring materials for the 2016-17 school year. | More
Under Maine’s system of learning results, each student is required to study and achieve proficiency in the eight content areas including physical education. | More
On August 1, 2016, the Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS) issued a “Dear Colleague Letter” (DCL) on the requirement that schools provide positive behavioral supports to students with disabilities when needed. | More
LATEST DOE Career/Project Opportunities
- Request for Proposals: HIV Prevention Education
- View current Child Development Services employment opportunities here