The 2018-2019 Elementary and Secondary Education Act Consolidated Application for funds (FY19 ESEA Application) and 2017-2018 Performance Report are now open for completion and submission. ESEA Coordinators are encouraged to review each page of the application/performance report and contact the assigned Regional ESEA Team Member at the Maine DOE with any questions regarding the application.
Here are a few reminders when preparing to submit your application:
- Ensure the projects within the application are based on the needs reported in your Comprehensive Needs Assessment (CNA).
- Each SAU must submit a CNA by July 1, 2018. Please email your submission to Janette.Kirk@maine.gov. ESEA funding is dependent upon the submission of a CNA to the Maine Department of Education in conjunction with the FY19 ESEA Application. ESEA funding applications will not be reviewed if a district level CNA has not been submitted to the Maine DOE. A delay in a CNA submission will delay ESEA funding.
- All applications for ESEA funding are due on August 1, 2018.
- Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received by your assigned Regional ESEA Team Member.
- Districts with private schools should be completing their consultation during the month of June. This information needs to be submitted under the Non-Public Participation Form section of the FY19 ESEA Application.
- Please direct all questions to your assigned Regional ESEA Team Member.
- LEA’s Consolidated Applications are not complete without a Superintendent’s certification.
The Department appreciates the hard work and continual support in making this process effective for all schools in the State of Maine.
For further information and questions please contact Chelsey Fortin-Trimble at 624-6815 or Chelsey.A.Fortin@maine.gov or Janette Kirk at 624-6707 or Janette.Kirk@maine.gov