The Maine Department of Education is still accepting registrations for the 107th Annual Commissioner’s Conference on June 27 – 28 at the Augusta Civic Center in Augusta. Developed in collaboration with the Maine School Superintendents Association, this year’s working agenda is attached below, highlights include:
- Keynote speaker Duke Albanese – The highly-esteemed speaker, consultant and former Commissioner of Education will deliver a powerful message called “Fulfilling the Dream of a Prosperous Maine: Getting There Requires a Focus on Education and Effective Leadership for Learning, Citizenship, and Opportunities for All Maine Students”.
- Discussion and meeting topics including: Career and Technical Education, Student Behavior and Student Health, Educator Workforce, Certification, Regionalization, ESEA/ESSA, School Improvement, Priorities and Goals of the Department and more.
- The Annual Awards & Recognition Banquet
Conference Information Register here
- 2-day – Wednesday and Thursday – $170.00
- 1-day – Wednesday (6/27) – $105.00
- 1-day – Thursday (6/28) – $65.00
*Registration includes all sessions, meals and materials Resources
- Draft Agenda (Including Session Descriptions)
- Registration Form
- Guest Registration
- Lodging Options
- Duke Albanese Bio
Registrations are intended for School Officials, Educational Organization staff, Higher Education Officials, and State Board of Education members.
For more information about the conference, please contact Georgette Valliere at 624-6605 or Georgette.Valliere@maine.gov.