Maine Department of Education is holding their annual summer training. The training focus this year will be on tips and resources to assist districts with their data reporting and viewing/certifying their reports. This has been a challenging year for those in the field as well as the Department with a new Student Information System, Synergy, and several new data reporting requirements. Our session this year will be focused on sharing resources to assist districts with the data tasks required.
Training Dates and Locations
- August 7, Caribou High School
- August 8, Ellsworth Elementary/Middle School
- August 9, Brewer High School
- August 20, Cony High School (Augusta)
- August 21, Mt. Ararat Middle School (Topsham)
- August 22, Mt. Blue High School (Farmington)
- August 23, Gorham High School
All sessions will begin with registration at 8:30am, presentations beginning at 9:00am. We will serve a light lunch and will finish no later than 4:00pm. Coffee and water will also be provided throughout the day.
Topics for each session:
- Recap of systems – NEO and DC&R
- Where to find helpful resources
- Maine Schools and School Approval changes
- Entering staff information
- Synergy – manual and uploads
- Graduation requirements and reporting
- Student Reports – where to find them and how to utilize them
- Behavior, Truancy and Attendance – importance of these reports and important resources
- How student and staff data is used for EPS and Accountability
To register for the training, please visit Summer 2018 Training Registration.
For further questions, contact Shannon Bartash Maine DOE Data Systems Helpdesk Manager at (207) 624-6799 or Shannon.Bartash@maine.gov.