As part of the Maine DOE Assessment Literacy Professional Development series, a MAARS webinar and three in-person sessions focused on the eMPowerME assessment (grades 3-8) and science assessment (K-12) have been scheduled.
State Assessment & Released Items Professional Development
As part of the Maine DOE Assessment Literacy Professional Development series the Maine DOE will be hosting three regional sessions in Presque Isle, Bangor and Portland on November 13, 14 and 15, 2018 respectively. Where applicable, the DOE encourages that a team representative across grade spans be in attendance at the session. An opportunity for team time will be incorporated into the days agenda.
Each of the three (3) sessions will focus on the eMPowerME assessment (grades 3-8) and science assessment (K-12) and will include:
- AM session will primarily focus on Confidential Reports in MAARS
- Navigation within MAARS* to access data
- Overview of the state assessment data
- PM session will primarily focus on the utilization of released items
- Review of released item data
- An advanced session for data analysis
- How this analysis can impact curriculum development and instructional practices
* DACs should ensure that staff attending have necessary permissions and log-in information to access MAARS.
The audience for this session is District Assessment Coordinators (DACs), teachers, principals, and central office staff. Registration begins at 8:30 am with the session beginning promptly at 9 am (until 3:30pm). Lunch will be provided.
Presque Isle – November 13, 2018
University of Maine at Presque Isle
Campus Center – Multipurpose Room
Bangor – Orono – November 14, 2018
University of Maine
Wells Conference Center, Orono
Portland – November 15, 2018
Keeley’s Banquet Center
178 Warren Ave
Portland, ME 04103
October 31, 2018
10:00 – 11:00 am
The audience for this session is returning and new District Assessment Coordinators (DACs) and Career and Technical Education (CTE) Directors. The content of the webinar will include:
- Role of DACs
- MAARS Public Reports Overview
- MAARS Confidential Reports Overview
- How to add/delete/change MAARS roles and permissions (‘districtadmin’, ‘districtuser’ ‘schooluser’ ‘rosteruser’)
The updated above listed roles within MAARS will be a critical element to prepare for the upcoming November MAARS Workshops.
For questions contact Maine DOE’s Assessment Team at (207) 624-6770 or firstname.lastname@example.org