Interested in learning MORE about MTSS (multi-tiered system of supports)? Consider joining the MTSS monthly book club! That’s right, book club is back! Feedback from the summer book club was overwhelmingly positive, so that is the format we will use for MTSS book study for this school year. Details for signing up are below.
Here is how it works. Register for the book club or clubs that you would like to attend. Next, get yourself a copy of the text and read it at your own pace on your own schedule. Then, show up on the date of that book club and be ready to pose thoughts, questions, and other innovative ideas to your peers. While not necessary, it would be helpful to keep written notes to capture your thinking as you read the text. That’s it! You will receive 2 hours of professional learning units when you join and participate for the full 2-hour book session.
The text(s) that we will discuss are as follows:
- January 30th from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM – Leading Equity-based MTSS For All Students – This book is geared toward school principals, strategists, and other school/district decision-makers. The book outlines a process for building MTSS from the ground up and is full of templates that can be used in MTSS implementation and design. Although not required, this book is best experienced with a team. Sign up for Leading Equity-based MTSS.
- February 27th from 4:00 PM-6:00 PM – Effective Universal Instruction – Back by popular demand, this is an encore book club of a past title: Effective Universal Instruction. Principals, classroom teachers, special ed teachers, strategists, and gifted and talented (GT) teachers can all benefit from this text. While mostly centered around tier 1, this book briefly touches on tier 2, and tier 3, as well as some philosophical, historical, and future planning perspectives and activities. Sign up for Effective Universal Instruction.
- March 27th 4:00 PM-6:00 PM – Demystifying MTSS – This book is appropriate for classroom educators, principals, and instructional coaches/strategists, and gifted and talented teachers and is geared toward anyone who is looking for practical actions school improvement teams can take to ensure all students’ diverse needs can be met. Although not required, this book is best experienced with a team. Sign up for Demystifying MTSS.
- April 25th 4:00 PM-6:00 PM – Best Practices at Tier 1 – Elementary Level – This book offers an opportunity for elementary principals, teachers, strategists, and GT teachers to come together to chat about some specific best practices in Tier 1. From Amazon, “Created specifically for K-5 educators, this book provides proven response to intervention strategies to differentiate instruction, engage students, increase success, and avoid additional interventions.” Sign up for Best Practices in Tier 1 – Elementary.
- May 30th 4:00 PM-6:00 PM – Best Practices in Tier 1: Secondary Level – Calling all secondary teachers, principals, strategists, support staff, etc. This book club is just for you! This book does exactly what it says…. it explores best practices in tier 1 at the secondary level. Join this book club and can learn alongside fellow secondary educators across the state. Sign up for Best Practices in Tier 1 Secondary.
- June 28th 4:00 PM-6:00 PM – The Road to Success with MTSS – This book is appropriate for classroom educators, principals, and instructional coaches/strategists, and gifted and talented teachers and is geared toward anyone who is beginning an MTSS implementation journey or is preparing to revise current MTSS practices. Sign up for The Road to Success with MTSS.
For more information about the Monthly MTSS Book Club, you can contact Andrea Logan, MTSS Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible, please put “book club question” in the subject line.