The Maine Department of Education Data Team is holding their annual summer training during the first two weeks of August. The focus of the training this year will be on tips and resources to assist districts with their data reporting, and viewing/certifying their reports. The sessions will be focused on sharing resources to assist districts with the data tasks required.
Training Dates and Locations
August 6, Caribou High School, 308 Sweden St Caribou, ME 04736
August 7, Brewer High School, 79 Parkway south Brewer, ME 04412
August 8, Ellsworth Elementary/Middle School, 20 Forrest Avenue Ellsworth, ME 04605
August 12, Cony High School, 60 Pierce Drive Augusta, ME 04330
August 13, Mt. Blue High School, 129 Seamon Rd Farmington, ME 04938
August 14, Mt. Ararat Middle School, 66 Republic Avenue Topsham, ME 04086
August 15, Buxton Center Elementary School, 912 Long Plains Road Buxton, ME 04093
All sessions will begin with registration at 8:30, with presentations beginning at 9. We will serve a light lunch and will finish no later than 4:00. Coffee and water will also be provided throughout the day.
Topics for each session:
- How student and staff data is used for EPS and Accountability
- What’s new for 2019-2020
- Accurate, Complete and Timely Data Submissions
- Data Security
- Our Website and Where to find helpful resources
- Data Collection and Reporting Calendar
- Maine Schools and School Approval changes
- NEO Staff – Entering Staff information
- MEIS – Maine Educator Information System
- Synergy – Manual and Uploads
- Graduation (NEO) requirements and reporting
- Student Reports (NEO) – where to find them and how to utilize them
- Behavior, Truancy and Attendance (NEO) – importance of these reports and important resources
To register for the training, please visit Summer 2019 Training Registration.
If you have any questions, comments. or concerns regardin these training sessions, please contact Ryan Cunningham Maine DOE Data Systems Helpdesk Manager at (207) 624-6809 or Ryan.L.Cunningham@maine.gov.